Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ
* Gallery   

Board index » Other RC's Misc... » Other RC (Non-scale crawler) B.S. Section...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:44 pm 

So, I have this hpi blitz that I run around once every while, but I can't help but think how cool it would be to convert the suspension to a trophy truck 4link. I've watched a bunch of youtube videos and there are a few that show how they built them and I know rc4wd has a kit for the T-slash, but on that note I don't have the $349 to spend on my $150 blitz.

I'm thinking about using a wraith rear axle and tin or aluminum sheeting for the rear chassis, my biggest hang ups are the rear lower links and if twin hammer links would be long enough to get the desired suspension travel or if duel shocks are possible with them (blue monkey links are too rich for my blood). The other concern is front suspension travel. Would just changing to longer shocks change the travel on a short course truck or would I have to do a lot more mods?

If anybody has done this it would be awesome if you had some pointers!!!

thanks guys!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:16 pm 

I built 2 back in the day and it does patience but worth it for sure I still have a box Of parts that are great for trophy builds. ... Ideally you would want a alum skid to mount everything to, other than that it's all custom Fab your own way I can give pointers if you would like especially suspension setup etc... "thumbsup"

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:04 pm 

Thanks Man, that would be awesome, if and when I get to that point I will hit you up.

As far as fab goes, I'm going cheap. I'm just going to use L-brackets and aluminum sheeting. The biggest hang ups are the driveshaft and rear lower links. I want to use the existing trans by just turning it 90 degrees and mounting it up in the chassis. I know that is all over simplified, but this is all in my head at this point.

If you are up for selling some of your old part I'll take a look.

Board index » Other RC's Misc... » Other RC (Non-scale crawler) B.S. Section...